US Club Soccer
Player Development Program
2005 & 2006 BORN BOYS| 2004 & 2005 BORN GIRLS
NEIGHBOR ISLAND PLAYERS: The Maui PDP Showcase will be held on 2-days between October 8-13. Do not make any travel arrangements until the Maui event dates are solidified.
PDP TO ID2 SCOUTING & SELECTION TIMELINE
PDP — Local
O'AHU - BOYS & GIRLS
1. USCS Hawai'i State Cup (Mar 29-Apr 1, 2018)
2. Invitations to attend O'ahu PDP (May 2018)
3. O'ahu PDP Showcase—Hosted by MJL (Oct 2018)
NEIGHBOR ISLANDS - BOYS & GIRLS
1. USCS Hawai'i State Cup (Mar 29-Apr 1, 2018)
2. Invitations to attend Maui PDP (May 2018)
3. HSF Training & Scouting Event (Summer 2018)
4. Maui PDP Showcase—Hosted by HSF (Oct 2018)
ID2 — Regional
Boys and Girls
USCS id2 Training Camp (Dec 2018)
id2 — National & International
National Selection International Tour (Spring 2019)
Nike/ECNL National Training Camp (Summer 2019)
2017 HAWAI'I PDP SHOWCASE &
ID² SELECTION ROSTERS
2003 & 2004 born girlS | 2004 & 2005 born boys
Hawai'i's Player Development Program (PDP) is the 13th player identification program sanctioned by US Club Soccer, through the MISO Junior League on O'ahu, and the Hawaii Soccer Federation on Maui. PDP's operate under US Club Soccer's id2 Program umbrella—an Olympic Development Program (ODP) approved by the U.S. Olympic Committee and U.S. Soccer. The PDP/id2 Program was established to provide an opportunity for the country's elite youth soccer players to be identified, developed, and scouted for inclusion in U.S. Soccer's National Team programs—at no cost to players.
Invitations to attend Hawaiʻi PDP's are based on recommendations from top coaches and directors of coaching, combined with objective scouting of elite clubs who participate in the MISO Junior League, HSF Premier, and through participation in the US Club Soccer Hawaiʻi State Cup. At Hawai‘i PDP's, invited players will play with and against the top talent in their age group, while being scouted by id2 Boys Director, Gerry McKeown, and id2 Girls Director, Tricia Taliaferro. Targeted birth years are established every year in consultation with U.S. Soccer, according to the scouting priorities for the U14 National Teams. There is no cost for players to participate in the PDP/id2 Program. Top PDP performers are invited to attend a National id2 Training Camp in Arizona, where all lodging, meals, and training gear are provided by US Club Soccer and Nike.
1. Players should be initially scouted within the environment they are most comfortable–i.e, their club training and normal competition environments.
2. Clubs have the largest impact on player development; club coaches and club competitions an integral part of the PDP/id2 Program.
3. Players are rated and evaluated for potential program inclusion based on a combination of recommendations and information from the players’ regular trainers and coaches; and objective and independent scouting.
4. There is no cost for players to participate in the PDP/id2 Program. If invited to the National id2 Training Camp, all lodging, meals, and training gear are provided by US Club Soccer and Nike.
PDP SHOWCASE SCOUTS | ID² DIRECTORS
Gerry is US Club Soccer’s Boys id² Director, with over 30 years of experience in coaching youth, collegiate, semi-professional, and U.S. Soccer Youth National Teams. Currently, Gerry’s the Coaching Director for the Players Development Academy in New Jersey (since 2001); a consultant for Nike Soccer Sports Marketing Player Scouting (Since 2006); and an Assistant Coach for Rutgers University.
As a collegiate coach, Gerry's career began at Jersey City State College, with stops at Stevens Technical Institute, North Carolina State University (women), Montclair State University, and St Peter’s College. He’s coached semi-professional teams—the Kearny Scots and New Jersey Riptide—as well as Olympic Development Program teams for New Jersey State and Region I. Gerry was also a Staff Coach for the U15 and U18 U.S. Soccer Youth National Teams (2005-2011).
Tricia’s current roles are Director of ECNL and Player Development for FC Prime, US Club Girls’ id² Director , and U23 WNT assistant coach and scout. Her background includes, 13 years as a NCAA Division I Head Coach in the ACC and BIG TEN, U16 Girls’ National Team Head Coach, Assistant with U17 WNT in Two World Cups (2016/2012), experience with U14 – U23 women’s national teams. She has worked with Antigua and Barbuda coaching U15, U17, and women’s national team. Coached the U17 team in the CONCACAF Caribbean Qualifiers-Haiti. Tricia holds a U.S.S.F. A license and youth national coaching license. She is a graduate of FIFA’s Women’s Leadership program and currently CONCACAF leadership group.
Gerry’s id² Alumni since joining US Club Soccer in 2007
- Christian Pulisic – Dortmund
- Lynden Gooch – Sunderland
- Matt Olosunde – Manchester United
- DeAndre Yedlin – Tottenham Hotspurs
- Jonathon Gonzalez – CF Monterrey
- Josh Seargant – Werder Bremen
- Daniel Barbir – West Bromwich Albion
- Colin Fernandez – Chicago Fire
- Benny Swanson – Columbus Crew
- Edwin Lara – Pachuca
- Timothy Weah – PSG
- JJ Foe-Nuphaus – Hoffenheim
- Tyler Adams – NY Red Bull
- Tommy Redding – Orlando City
- Ian Harkes – DC United
- James Murphy – Sheffield Wednesday